A leader of a big and energetic group of movers, shakers and influencers who are pasionate and eager to promote entrepreneurship.
- Developing and nurturing future and aspiring entrepreneurs and leaders who can make a difference in the society by creating wealth and making a job for them, for to the benefit of their families, communities, society.
- Providing skills and technical education transfer and facilitating their connection to empowering networks in and out of government to enhance their capabilities.
- Sharing their story, documenting their successes and failures, in order that others can learn from their experience.
- Appreciating and celebrating their accomplishments.
- Propagating the entrepreneurial education.
- Promoting values like sipag at tiyaga, work ethic, self-discipline, self-reliance and love of country.
As part of its celebration of its 100th Founding Anniversary in 2007, the Nacionalista Party (NP) together with its partners, the Villar Foundation, Inc., Sipag at Tiyaga Foundation, and Vista Land launched the “Pondo sa Sipag, Puhunan sa Tiyaga” Awards. The award aims to promote entrepreneurship as a way of combating poverty.
This is a nationwide search for outstanding micro-entrepreneurs who exhibit determination, hard work, and the ability to make a positive contribution in their communities.
As Sipag at Tiyaga Foundation Chairman and Nacionalista Party President, Senator Manny Villar extols, “The awardees exemplify the collective spirit of the Filipinos in overcoming their limitations, handicaps, and personal tragedies. In the process of transforming themselves, they create positive ripple effects on their local communities, quietly and mostly without fanfare.”
In order to inspire more Filipinos to follow the path of entrepreneurship and contribute to nation-building, the life stories of the awardees are compiled and featured in a book entitled Stories. The three editions of this book include:
Stories - Awardees (2008)
Stories – Awardees (2009)